- This event has passed.
May 15 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
For middle school and high school youth. Free.
This summer program is designed to offer a very flexible time commitment for this busy age group. Youth will find a variety of areas to explore at their own pace and as they have time, including gardening, cooking, community service and more! Free. Join us at one of our informational sessions to learn more!
Informational sessions for the Grow! program:
Sunday, May 15 6:00-7:00pm
Wednesday, May 25, 6:00-7:00pm
Thursday, May 26, 10:30am-11:30am
- Enhance your knowledge of food and nutrition through growing specific fruits and vegetables found in Asian and Italian kitchen gardens and learn how to use them in cooking.
- Participate in hands-on opportunities to learn livestock management through care of the chickens in the Happy Hen House.
- Learn how to grow healthy food without the use of pesticides.
- Gain social and inter relationship skills by serving as guides and mentors in the kids’ Garden Explorers program.
- Gain entrepreneurial skills through selling produce at Fresh on Fridays and the Clear Lake Farmers Market.
- Earn silver cord hours or community service experience promoting efforts to reduce food insecurity.
- Improve your production and social media skills through creation and posting of videos related to the program.
- Learn how to select appropriate flowers and use design techniques to create a beautiful bouquet.
- Make intergenerational friendships through community gardening activities.